- Dock and Edit
- The Blackmagic MultiDock 2 supports docking up to four independent 2.5″ SATA SSD or HDDs so you can plug in multiple media disks and work directly from them. Simply plug in your disk and your Mac OS X or Windows computer will recognize it as a regular hard drive. The Blackmagic MultiDock 2 is ideal for accessing media recorded from the Blackmagic Cinema Camera and Production 4K Camera, HyperDeck SSD recorders, or any other 2.5″ drive-based recorder.
- Thunderbolt 2
- Using Thunderbolt 2 technology, the Blackmagic MultiDock 2 provides fast transfer speeds to your computer at up to 20 Gb/s with a single cable connection. This speed is particularly useful when working with high-resolution Ultra HD and DCI 4K footage, or stereoscopic 3D files. The MultiDock 2 is also compatible with existing Thunderbolt 1 computers and provides a loop-through for daisy-chaining five additional Thunderbolt devices.
- RAID Storage
- For fast storage, the Blackmagic MultiDock 2 can be configured into a multi-disk RAID by using the disk utility software to „stripe” the disks into a single fast storage volume, great for 4K editing, effects, and color correction work. When used with the latest SATA 3 SSDs, you get performance over 500 MB/s.
- Additional Features
- Independent SATA 3 disk interface chip per disk slot so you never get slowdowns because of SATA bandwidth issues
- 1 RU chassis
- Built-in power supply
- Drivers built-in so no additional software is needed
- User replaceable socket connector boards in each disk slot
- Illuminated indicator surrounding each disk slot shows when the disk is being accessed
SSD Interface 4 x 2.5″ SATA 3, 6 Gb/s Computer Interface 2 x Thunderbolt 2 ports Power 1 x IEC Power Connection, 110 to 240 VAC Operating Temperature 41 to 122°F (5 to 50°C) Storage Temperature -4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C) Relative Humidity 0 to 90%, non-condensing Rack Height 1 RU Dimensions (W x H x D) 18.98 x 1.75 x 5.82″ (48.21 x 4.45 x 14.78 cm) Weight 4.25 lb (1.93 kg)