With the Media Express software, Blackmagic Design H.264 PRO Recorder can encode hours of content into popular online formats and batch H.264 files with an attractive user interface as well as create playlists from captured files. The software supports CMX EDL import and RS-422 accurate deck control, and is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. It also provides clip information such as frame size, frame-rate, color space, format, and codec.
The H.264 recorder allows you to capture high-quality videos and select between SDI, HDMI, and analog component video inputs. Apart from capturing audio from the SDI, HDMI, or stereo balanced analog audio input jacks, you can also connect the recorder directly to HD or SD video sources as the SDI, HDMI, and capture from HDCAM, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP, DVD players, and more. Analog video inputs switch between component s-video and composite, and support SD and HD.
The Pro Recorder allows you to save your old memories as digital files on your PC, converting old programming video formats into H.264 file format. It supports real-time scaling, and allows you to capture videos at full HD or SD resolution. You can also resize videos in real-time to scale and encode for playing on devices such as iPhone, iPad, or iPod. The adjustable tools can crop unwanted video portions such as black borders and VHS switching.
- Real-time H.264 encoder that connects via USB
- Designed for industry professionals who need professional encoding from SDI, HDMI, analog component/ composite and balanced audio
- Capture from professional broadcast decks directly to SD and HD H.264 files
- Capture old or new programming content into the same file format used on the web, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, and YouTube
- Media Express software to encode content into popular online formats
- Batch H.264 files with a user interface
- RS-422 deck control is included with software for Mac and Windows
- Clip information – frame size, frame-rate, color space, format, and codec
- Converts old video tapes to H.264 file format
- Real-time scaling/cropping
- Ideal for mobile applications using a notebook/computer (power supply required)
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 12 bit SD/HD switchable.
- Analog Video Input: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector.
- SDI Audio Input: 2 Channels from embedded SDI audio.
- Analog Audio Input: 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio with standard 1/4 inch jack connections.
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 Channels from embedded HDMI audio.
- Device Control: Sony compatible RS422 deck control port.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 high speed (480Mb/s)
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94, 1080i60, and 1080p60.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 480p.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M and 292.
- Multiple Rate support: SDI, HDMI and component analog video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD-SDI.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- Color Precision: 12 bit
- Color Space: 4:2:2 YUV
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- HDMI Color Precision: 12 bit
- Copy Protection: For legal reasons HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Encoding: Hardware based real time H.264 encoder supports multiple profiles for small, portable video devices through to full resolution HDTV.
- Real-time Scaling: Capture at full HD or SD resolution, or use direct resize in real-time to scale and encode for the intended playback device, such as iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Real-time Cropping: Adjustable tools provide real-time cropping of unwanted video artifacts such as black borders and VHS switching.
- Firmware upgrade via USB.
- Connect unit to the computer’s USB 2.0 port, install Blackmagic H.264 Pro Recorder software and run Media Express.