- Blue backlit display screen shows set up mode, timecode, user bits, frames per second (FPS) and TX/RX channel number.
- Simple programming from an onscreen menu using a one finger navigation system. No confusing DIP switches to worry about.
- Pre-programmed with 14 licence free channels in the ISM Band, for robust timecode syncing between TCB devices.
- Provides GENLOCK TV SYNC in ‘standard’ level output and ‘high’ level output to feed two cameras in a 3D camera rig, including HD formats.
- Adjust and fix all settings simply ‘on set’ from your iPhone or iPad and access product manuals from any web browser using the Timecode Buddy: webview.
- Transform an iPad into a digislate with the Timecode Buddy: app and unlock the advanced logging features of the latest Movie★Slate app.
- Powered by two AA batteries or an external 9-24v DC supply.
- Separate dual buffered timecode outputs to feed two cameras in a 3D camera rig.
- Timecode in and outs via BNC sockets or a standard wired Lemo five pin connector.
- Set up your Timecode Buddy: wifi master to generate its own mobile ‘timecode wifi network’ wherever you are, or it can join an existing infrastructure network on set to expand the range of the ‘timecode wifi network’ across a whole set or sound stage for everybody to share.
- Update your Timecode Buddy: wifi master firmwareonline.
In 2012, the Timecode Buddy: wifi master won the IABM Peter Wayne Award for Design and Innovation. These are the extra features (in addition to the standard Buddy specification) that caught the judges’ attentions.
Each Timecode Buddy: wifi master has a dedicated WiFi channel. Anyone on set with an iPhone or iPad can use the free Timecode Buddy: app to log onto their :wifi master’s network and wirelessly stream and display real-time SMPTE timecode directly to their iOS device.
As we tweak and improve the firmware, you can update your units by simplydownloading the latest version over WiFi.
Operate your Timecode Buddy: wifi master from our :app. Use your iPad to access firmware information. Configure advanced settings simply from any web browser. Access product manuals easily online for on location troubleshooting. The Buddy Webview (a collection of web pages built into your :wifi master) makes accessing everything to do with the Timecode Buddy: system hassle-free.
On the go connectivity
Complete firmware updates on the go using the micro USB connection. We’re also hatching plans to use this port to transfer metadata in future.
|External dimensions||29.8mm x 87mm x 110mm|
|LCD display||2 line, 16 character, blue variable brightness backlit display|
|Supported FPS modes||23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 29.97DF, 30DF|
|Antenna ‘halo’ lightpipe||Tri-colour LED (Blue/Green/Red)|
|T/C input||BNC connector or 5 pin LEMO (pin 2 sig, pin 1 gnd). 0.1 to 5V pp|
|Frequency||865.050-868.550 MHz (CE approved) & 915.050-918.650 MHz (FCC/IC/C-Tick approved)|
|Internal power||2 x AA batteries|
|T/C output||BNC connector and 5 pin LEMO (pin 5 sig, pin 1 gnd). 1V pp. (3D camera rigs)|
|Output sync modes||PAL, NTSC, 720p, 720p double frame, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p double frame|
|Output video sync||1V pp / 75 ohm or 1V pp /37.5ohm for ‘High Level Genlock’ mode (3D camera rigs)|